Many homeowners wonder how much it will cost them to sell their property. Kansas City real estate agents can help by providing valuable advice and assisting with the actual sale, but they will not prepare your home. That is something left to you. That poses an important question: is there a way to get your home in shape without going broke?
The following suggestions will help make your home more attractive, but without costing you an arm and a leg.
1. Spend time improving your home’s curb appeal. The best way to compete with other Kansas City homes for sale is by improving your property’s exterior.
• Paint or replace your mailbox.
• Give the garage door a coat of paint.
• Polish the light fixtures and house numbers.
• Change burnt-out light bulbs.
• Replace old door knows and locks.
• Remove dirt and cobwebs – if necessary pressure-wash the walls.
• Mow the laws frequently.
• Add color through flowering plants and bushes.
2. Buy a few storage boxes and start to de-clutter every single room. Throw out whatever is broken or old. If you are trying to save a few pennies, organize a garage sale. You can also donate some of your items to charity. Excess furniture can be kept at a local rented storage unit.
3. Give your interior walls a modern look by applying attractive paint colors. Check current magazines to see what home owners are looking for, or ask your Kansas City real estate agent for advice.
4. By taking care of repairs you will not have to replace some expensive items. For instance, having a professional refinish your stained bathtub will be a lot cheaper than replacing it.
5. One of the most important things Kansas City real estate agents will urge you to do is to keep your place clean and tidy. This includes clearing the kitchen counter every morning before going to work and taking out the trash. Stash toiletries under the bathroom sink and keep your valuables behind lock and key.